Sega issues Daytona software upgrade
Users can add new features with additional download
Sega has released a free software upgrade for Daytona Championship USA with new software features and refined existing features to update the gameplay experience.
The upgrade includes:
- All New Panoramic Attract Sequence: Now you can watch the attract sequence across all linked screens (minimum four linked cabinets required).
- Improved Car Handling
- Refined Force Feedback: Lets you feel every crash and smash through the controllers
- Revised difficulty and AI: Making the game more accessible for beginners while retaining the Daytona challenge for the pros.
- Upgraded Graphics and Audio
- New Party Mode: Operators can now schedule private events for parties and automate a unique event for up to 128 named players.
“We want all our customers to have this important software upgrade,” said Sega GM, Justin Burke, “so we are offering it completely Free of charge. In fact, we have already started shipping out the upgrade on a USB-drive to our Daytona customers. You should get your USB drive shortly, if you do not receive your USB-drive, simply email us at email@example.com so we can arrange one to be sent out to you. Alternatively, customers can simply follow the links below to download the software upgrade files.”
“A USB-drive with a minimum of 8GB free space is required. Comprehensive software download and installation guides are also included.”
He continued: “The entire process is easy you just need one USB-drive to update multiple cabinets, and the same USB-drive will also update the billboard and gameboard.”
All Daytona games now ship out with the software update. For further technical advice contact Sega’s technical support on +44 (0) 208 391 8060 (then option 2) or +1 224-265-4283.
Paul Williams, CEO at Sega added: “Daytona has been at the top of operators buying list for 2017 and we are sure, that with this update, it secures the top spot for 2018 too. We exhibited Daytona with this software upgrade at IAAPA, and the reception was phenomenal. Players and Operators loved the enhanced game-play and new features. Some players even going as far to say, ‘it’s a whole new game compared to last IAAPA, this Daytona is their favourite arcade racing game’. This software upgrade marks our continued commitment to keeping Daytona as the number one driver on location.”