Kilburn Live partners with Mattel to launch World of Barbie
Kilburn Live has partnered with Mattel, Inc. for a new upcoming immersive attraction – World of Barbie. Created alongside the leading global toy company, the interactive exhibition will allow fans the opportunity to step directly into Barbie’s inspiring world where they can explore her Dreamhouse, walk down her neighbourhood streets into various interactive rooms, and even sit in her life-sized Camper Van, fabricated by the team at West Coast Customs.
World of Barbie launches this summer in Toronto, Canada. From Toronto, the attraction will travel to multiple cities across the United States, with anticipated markets including New York, Chicago, Houston and Los Angeles.
World of Barbie was designed for multiple generations to interact with several, visually stunning activations inspired by some of her most celebrated careers and playsets including:
- Barbie Dreamhouse – Explore intricately designed rooms and photo ops in Barbie’s Dreamhouse, set on the beaches of Malibu. Guests can start their own patio party complete with a DJ kit to mix their own music ‘poolside’.
- Barbie Camper Van – Brought to life by Ryan Friedlinghaus and his talented team at West Coast Customs, “World Of Barbie” will feature a life-sized working Camper Van parked in front, allowing guests to climb in the driver’s seat, hangout in the hammock or look for several hidden surprises tucked away inside this ultimate road trip vehicle.
- Fashion Studio – Walk the pink carpet and strike a pose inside one of six oversized iconic Barbie boxes.
- TV Studio – LIVE from World of The Barbie it’s The Barbie Show where visitors become a news anchor delivering headlines in front of various TV studio backdrops, interviewing important guests or giving the weather report.
- Space Centre – Board a spacecraft and blast off in Barbie’s shuttle while enjoying the view of stars in the galaxy. Interact with mission control, track objects on the radar or use the audio transference device to listen to the various sounds of space.
World of Barbie, will also house an intimate, specialty themed Barbie café sharing the same Barbie aesthetics as the immersive attraction. In addition, the attraction will also celebrate the history of the brand with a dedicated area where visitors can see Barbie’s evolution across multiple decades.
Mark Manuel, Kilburn CEO, said: “We were asked to bring Barbie’s playset to life. Who can say no to that opportunity?”
“Barbie is as relevant today as she was when she was first introduced to the world 63 years ago, if not more. I watched my daughter live and play in her world, I believe it helped shape her sharp and lively imagination, just like it has for millions of other children growing up. So there were a lot of reasons we needed to get this right.”
Julie Freeland, senior director of location based entertainment at Mattel, added: “Throughout her history and numerous careers, Barbie has represented a world of limitless potential.”
“With this exquisitely designed attraction we were intentional about delivering an exciting experience that would leave younger fans with the sense that they could do anything or be anything. And, for those who grew up with Barbie, we wanted to spark a little bit of nostalgia, give these fans a chance to step back, re-invent themselves, if only for an afternoon, and spend a day in the Dream Life!”